Rairdon Teams With Hopelink on Behalf of #Hero Seekers
Rairdon’s Back-to-School Drive is July 15th
Education, the tools for school, and a brighter future–all of these are deeply connected to one another…
So Rairdon is making sure that the three of them stay connected with a big back-to-school drive July 15th – August 15th.
This important drive is part of a partnership with Hopelink, a local Seattle organization that works to combat poverty (we love them).
Here’s how it works:
From July 15th to August 15th, for every new or used car sold, Rairdon will be providing a back-to-school kit to local Washington-area students living below the poverty line.
We’re sure that this approach is a solid start to connecting our underserved students to a better future.
Rairdon’s Culture of Care
Rairdon’s back-to-school drive is part of a larger Culture of Care platform. The company’s Culture of Care is centered on being a positive force for the local community through philanthropy, giveaways, and other important outreach efforts.
What’s Inside the Back to School Kit
The back-to-school kit will include 3-ring binders, scientific calculators, composition notebooks, divider tabs, graph paper, headphones, highlighters, index cards, pencil boxes/pouches, sharpies/dry erase markers, USB flash drives, and multi-colored backpacks. Basically, everything a student would need to be prepared for school each day.
List of Participating Rairdon Dealerships
13 total Rairdon dealerships will be participating in the back-to-school drive. These include:
- Honda of Sumner
- Honda of Burien
- Honda of Marysville
- Nissan of Auburn
- Subaru of Auburn
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Kirkland
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Marysville
- Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Bellingham
- Hyundai Bellingham
- Maserati of Kirkland
- FIAT of Kirkland
- Alfa Romeo of Kirkland
More About Hopelink
We really can’t overstate the importance of Hopelink to the local Seattle area.
Hopelink’s theory/ practical platform of change helps those who are in poverty move from having their basic necessities met to becoming equipped to exit poverty.
Philanthropy Quick Facts
- Did you know? The word philanthropy comes from the Greek philanthropia, which means kindliness, humanity, benevolence, and love to mankind.
- Philanthropy isn’t just for mega-donors like Bezos and Bill. Small donations, added up, can do extraordinary things for those in need.
- One third of all charitable giving occurs in December (Seattle Times)
- For the 2018 Holiday season, Rairdon partnered with Seattle Children’s Hospital for a toy drive. It resulted in 2,000 toys raised (and delivered) from our dealerships to the hospital.
- Seattle is home to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, an organization that has a huge impact when it comes to improving global health
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos recently launched a major philanthropic effort that consisted of investing $2 billion in housing and preschool education
- Major nonprofits in Seattle include Jubilee Women’s Center, Open Adoption & Family Services, Bread of Life Mission, Ronald McDonald House Charities Western Washington & Alaska, Art With a Heart, and Hopelink